2013-06-12

Life Update

Life is pretty good to me right now. As some of you might now, it's my life-long dream to become a film maker. I produced some videos in the past but it only happened some months ago, when the real motivation kicked in - and then it all happened pretty fast..

I got the most amazing news about a week ago, when I found out that I've been selected to attend this year's Venice Film Festival in September as part of a special jury. I nearly dropped my precious phone when I read the e-mail. I'm beyond thrilled because it just seems to surreal to attend a film festival. I will tell you more about it soon..

Then, I went to a lecture at my university about film making in Austria and not even did I learn a lot, I also got the opportunity to work on a real film set in july. REAL FILM SET!! I will be working as set runner and hopefully gain lots of experiences.

Next to running around on a film set feeling all important and what not, I'm also filming a wedding, which has been a longtime dream of mine. I've always loved weddings and I was one of those girly girls who started planning her wedding at age 3. A lot of the plans have changed since then (only constant: Hayden Christensen as the preferred groom) but I still love the idea of capturing this special day on camera and this year, I got the opportunity to create an everlasting memory for a lovely couple from Carinthia.

I will also participate in a short film competition where I have to produce a short film on "sustainability". I will shoot it in august and I'm really looking forward to making a movie starring all my friends. One of them even offered to play a tree if necessary - I love the idea. It's so gonna happen.. :)

You see, my summer holidays are practically none existent but I'm going to love every second of it. I should also finish my bachelor thesis but compared to all the film stuff, I'm really not motivated for any scientific paper thingy.

If you're now interested in some of the projects I've done in the past, please check out my Vimeo-Account. You'll find some fine "God-I-love-Canada-soooooo-much"-videos about Banff, Edmonton and Vancouver as well as a short film called "Memories" I created and directed.

https://vimeo.com/schickenhofstudios

I also created a promotional video for an event we're doing for a course at uni. It's called lendWG and takes place in Klagenfurt, Carinthia, from June 20 to 22. You can check out the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFq20BDfRTA

Well, that was my life update.. Have a great day and may all your dreams come true!! :)
xx [i]



Keine Kommentare: